Monday, May 30, 2016

Inspired by Ellie & Stevie Morse [2012]

Nota: Versão portuguesa mais abaixo. 

“I remember you”
Ellie & Stevie Morse [2012]

This is part of a series of posts inspired by real life people around me that at some point touched me with their words. For more information on this project click here

The journey is long and full of uncertainties. I’ve successfully avoided thinking about it for the most part, but as the moment of truth becomes more evident, it gets harder to push the fears away.
I’m sitting still in the plane, nowhere to run, my body motionless in the outside, but inside a turmoil of emotions so big that I fear I may physically break. They say the body doesn't know the difference between nerves and excitement, and at this point I agree because I’m not sure which one I’m feeling. Whatever it is, it’s accompanied by a strong feeling of anxiety that leaks from every pore of my skin.
The plane lands and the drive that awaits me is not long. With every minute I’m closer, part of me just wants to get there, straight to the point, but my other half wants to drag it a for little longer, before reality takes over and crushes my hopes.
I smile to the world, always good at keeping it all in. I laugh along with the others, make easy conversation. I try to convince myself that it doesn’t really matter. That whatever happens I can’t let it change the memories we’ve built.  I rationalize that they’re too young anyways. I know that, I understand.
I look outside the window, the landscapes I remember all too well, preparing myself for the fact that everything might have changed. But there’s not enough time, because suddenly I am there.
I remain steady as I enter, a confidence I am faking, and two pairs of brown eyes stare back at me. You come closer...and I stand still, petrified, scared of what you might say… the voice inside my head mumbling “It doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter”… after a second that seems like an hour the corners of your lips start to curl into a smile and then I hear the words I didn’t know I needed… “I remember you!”
Something hits me deep inside, I’m flooded by something I can’t describe – relief, joy… love! You repeat it again and again, “I remember you”, like you can read me, like you know just how much I need it, and it’s music to my hears, because it matters, of course it matters.
In that moment the world around us stops, there’s no-one else but us. I’ve missed you, I know I have… like I never thought I could. And maybe all the fear and pain was worth it, because I’ve never felt it much before, but I’m pretty sure that what I’m feeling right now is pure and utter happiness.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Lembro-me de ti”
Ellie & Stevie Morse [2012]

Este texto faz parte de uma série de publicações inspiradas por pessoas reais à minha volta, que em algum momento me tocaram com as suas palavras. Mais informações sobre este projecto aqui


A viagem é longa e cheia de incertezas. Tenho conseguido evitar os pensamentos, mas agora que o momento da verdade se aproxima, torna-se mais difícil afastar os medos.
Sentada no avião, sem ter para onde fugir, o meu corpo imóvel no exterior, mas lá dentro um tumulto de emoções tão grande que receio desfazer-me em pedaços. Dizem que o corpo não sabe a diferença entre nervos e excitação e neste momento estou inclinada a concordar, pois não sei qual dos dois estou a sentir. O que quer que seja, é acompanhado de um sentimento forte de ansiedade que transpira por cada poro da minha pele.
O voo chega ao seu destino e a viagem de carro que se segue não é longa. A cada minuto estou mais perto. Parte de mim só quer lá chegar, directa ao assunto, mas a outra metade gostava de poder arrastar estes momentos um pouco mais, antes da realidade assumir controlo e destruir a réstia de esperança que ainda tenho.
Sorrio para o mundo, sempre boa a esconder o que me vai na alma. Rio com os outros, faço conversa de circunstância. Tento convencer-me que não importa. Que aconteça o que acontecer não posso deixar que isso mude as memórias que construímos. Racionalizo que eles são demasiado pequenos. Eu sei, eu compreendo.
Olho para a paisagem do outro lado do vidro, imagens que recordo bem, preparo-me para o facto que tudo pode ter mudado. Mas não há tempo suficiente, porque de repente já cheguei.
Entro sem hesitações, com a confiança que não sinto, e dois pares de olhos fixam-me com um olhar. Chegam mais perto… e eu permaneço imóvel, petrificada, com receio do que possam dizer… uma voz cá dentro murmurando “não importa, não importa”… depois de um segundo que parece uma hora os cantos dos seus lábios começam a enrolar-se num sorriso e é quando oiço as palavras que não sabia precisar… “Lembro-me de ti!”
Sou atingida por algo bem cá dentro, inundada por qualquer coisa que não sei bem o que é – alivio, alegria… amor! Repetem-no uma e outra vez, “Lembro-me de ti”, como se me conseguissem ler, como se soubessem o quanto preciso de o ouvir. É música para os meus ouvidos, porque importa, é claro que importa.

Nesse momento o mundo o mundo à nossa volta para, não há ninguém mas nós. Sei que sinto a vossa falta!...Nunca pensei senti-la assim... e se calhar o medo e a dor valeram a pena, porque não estou muito familiarizada com o sentimento, mas tenho quase a certeza que o que sinto neste momento é pura e absoluta felicidade. 

No comments :