Tuesday, March 31, 2020

What’s your favorite part of the day? / A tua parte do dia favorita (Day 10)


Note 1: While being quarantine, in an effort to try to prevent my brain to turn into mush I'll try to complete a 30 Day writing challenge. Each day I'll get a prompt about which I should write.

Nota 2: versão portuguesa mais abaixo.


My favorite part of the day has always been the night. The night represents (almost) everything that I feel a deep sense of connection with – the darkness, the silence, the stillness, the dreams…

In the silence of the night, I can process the events of the day, dwell into the worries of a lifetime, I can tune in with the thoughts that keep on coming during the day that I can deal with because I’m too busy trying to cope with the noises, and the smells, and the lights and the people.

Thought over the years I developed a pretty good ability to zone out during the day, the night makes it much easier to listen to my inner monologues, it allows me deeper reflections.

At night I can shake the weight of the world from my shoulders, I can be selfish and dedicate my thoughts to things I actually enjoy.

There’s something about the light of the day, being surrounded by people, that makes me feel disconnected from myself, in the solitude of the night I can re-center myself, I can recharge so I can face another day.

At night there’re less distractions, so I can think clearly, focus, make better decisions.

At night, the only thing pressuring me is the clock, and I’ve became friends a long time ago.

Everything is possible at night, there’s a sense of hope that anticipates a new dawn, a new beginning. The night allows me to dream, although often awake, about all that I want to do, all that I want to be… and even crazy plot lines that allow me to explore lifelike events I have hard time processing.  

The night is my confident, it knows all my secrets





A tua parte do dia favorita


Nota 3: Enquanto estou em quarenta, e numa tentativa de impedir que o meu cérebro se transforme em papa vou tentar completar um desafio de escrita de 30 dias. Cada dia terá um tópico sobre o qual deverei escrever.


A minha parte favorita do dia sempre foi a noite. A noite representa (quase) tudo aquilo a que naturalmente me sinto mais atraída – a escuridão, o silêncio, a tranquilidade, os sonhos…

No silêncio da noite posso processar os eventos do dia, pensar nas preocupações de uma vida inteira, sintonizar os pensamentos que não pararam durante todo o dia e com os quais não pude lidar porque estava muito ocupada a processar os barulhos, os cheiros, as luzes e as pessoas.

Apesar de durante os anos ter desenvolvido uma grande capacidade para me abstrair do mundo exterior, a noite faz com que seja fácil ouvir os meus monólogos interiores.

À noite posso sacudir o peso do mundo dos meus ombros, posso ser egoísta, e dedicar o meu pensamento àquilo que realmente me interessa.

Há alguma coisa na claridade do dia, em estar rodeada de pessoas, que me faz sentir desligada de mim mesma, na solitude da noite consigo reencontrar-me, consigo recarregar energias para enfrentar um novo dia.

À noite há menos distracções, por isso consigo pensar de forma mais clara, focada, consigo tomar decisões melhores.

À noite, a única coisa que me pressiona é o relógio, e há muito que nos tornámos amigos.

Tudo é possível à noite, há uma sensação de esperança que antecipa um novo amanhecer, um novo começo. A noite permite-me sonhar, ainda que muitas vezes acordada, sobre aquilo que quero fazer, sobre quem quero ser… e até sobre guiões imaginários que me ajudam a explorar eventos da vida real que tenho dificuldade em processar.

A noite é minha confidente, sabe todos os meus segredos.


No comments :