Sunday, June 26, 2016

Being me / Ser eu

Nota: Versão portuguesa mais abaixo. 


Being me is living in a constant struggle. It’s panicking in advance and having to push myself to do anything.  It’s constantly putting myself on the line. It’s being afraid of everything and knowing that if I’d only do what I was comfortable with, most days I wouldn’t even get out of the house.

Being me is not being able to fall asleep at night because I’m dreaming of all the things I could do and do nothing at all. It’s feeling the urge to change the world and yet fear failure so much that I can’t even make a move. It's doubting every single skill I have. It’s hearing someone say 100 great things about me and only listen to the not so positive one. Is hating myself for every misstep, even if the outcome is positive. It’s reaching for perfection and holding myself to higher standards even though I believe pretty much anyone is better than me.

Being me is having days I don’t feel anything and days I feel everything at once. It’s feeling empty and numb or scared and tired. It’s trying to grasp all moments of joy so badly that I almost let them pass by me. It’s remembering every spoken word. It's playing conversations in my head over and over again. It’s hearing I have a way with words and not being able to have a proper conversation in real life. It's preaching about trust and trusting no-one. It’s assuming I have to give all I have and expect nothing from anyone.

Being me is wanting to be alone but not wanting to be lonely. It’s taking special interest in people as species and yet not being so sure I understand them. It’s not being comfortable around people and not being able to live without them. It’s wanting to keep my distance and yet finding myself making connections wherever I go.

Being me is being overwhelmed with thoughts and ideas and yet feeling so empty inside. It’s lacking creativity and then spending my days imagining worst case scenarios. It’s feeling my heart shrinking, my breaths becoming harder and shorter and always pretend I’m in my pretty happy bubble.

Being me is keeping tabs and notes on everything just in case it might come in handy one day. It's using that evidence to realize that after decades I still struggle with the same issues. It’s knowing the root of my problems and not being able to tackle them. It's traveling worlds away and realizing I can't run away from myself. It's creatively changing the scenario but not what's inside. It’s having to admit that the problem is in me and facing the reality that likely some things will never change.

Being me is having people's faith and not knowing what to do with it. It’s deceiving them every day. It's faking confidence and living in constant agony. It’s wanting to be loved and hating the pressure of being loved at all. It’s being afraid to let people know what they mean to me and at the same time being scared not to show them enough.

Being me is being proud and appreciative of the people I have in my life and still need to refuge my soul in my imaginary world. It’s not being able to forget even though I admire those who can forgive. It's pretending like nothing can hit me and feel with every fiber of my being. It's admiring vulnerability and keeping myself wrapped up inside.

Being me is overthinking every single move and not being able to justify my issues. It’s constantly lying to myself, promising that better days will come. It’s fighting, day in and day out not to let myself be consumed by what goes inside me. It’s putting on a mask and smile the fears away. It’s writing the words I can’t say and dream the life I can’t have.


:::::::::::::::::::::::::


Ser eu

Ser eu é viver numa luta constante. É entrar em pânico por antecipação e ter de me obrigar constantemente a saltar o risco. É ter medo de tudo e saber que se só fizesse aquilo em que estou confortável na maioria dos dias nem sairia de casa.

Ser eu é não ser capaz de adormecer por estar a sonhar com tudo o que podia fazer e não ser capaz de fazer nada. É sentir a necessidade de mudar o mundo e ter tanto medo de fracassar que nem sou capaz de dar um passo. É duvidar de cada uma das minhas competências. É ouvir alguém dizer 100 coisas maravilhosas a meu respeito e apenas escutar a menos positiva. É odiar-me por cada passo mal dado, mesmo que o resultado final seja positivo. É almejar perfeição e exigir mais de mim do que dos outros, apesar de achar que quase qualquer um é melhor que eu.

Ser eu é ter dias que não sinto nada e dias que sinto tudo de uma vez só. É sentir-me vazia e dormente ou cansada e com medo. É esforçar-me tanto por agarrar todos os momentos de alegria que quase que deixo que me passem ao lado. É lembrar-me de cada palavra dita. É repetir conversas na minha cabeça vezes e vezes sem conta. É ouvir que tenho um dom com palavras e ser incapaz de ter uma conversa na vida real. É dar sermões sobre confiança e não confiar em ninguém. É querer manter a distância e acabar por criar relações onde quer que vá.

Ser eu é viver sobrecarregado de pensamentos e ideias e ainda assim sentir um vazio cá dentro. É não ser criativo e apesar disso passar os meus dias a imaginar os cenários mais terríveis. É sentir o meu coração a encolher, a minha respiração a acelerar e fingir sempre que está tudo bem.

Ser eu é guardar notas sobre tudo, não vá um dia dar jeito. É usar essas provas para perceber que depois de décadas as minhas lutas são as mesmas. É conhecer a raiz dos meus problemas e não ser capaz de resolvê-los. É viajar mundos de distância e perceber que não posso fugir de mim mesma. É encontrar maneiras criativas de mudar o cenário e não ser capaz de mudar o que está cá dentro. É ter de admitir que o problema está em mim e encarar a realidade que provavelmente há coisas que nunca mudarão.

Ser eu é ter a confiança das pessoas e não saber o que fazer com ela. É enganá-las todos os dias. É fingir confiança e viver em constante agonia. É querer ser amada e odiar a pressão de ser amada de todo. É ter medo de dizer às pessoas o que significam para mim e ao mesmo tempo ter medo de não lhes mostrar o suficiente.

Ser eu é ter orgulho e estar grata pelas pessoas que tenho na minha vida e ainda assim sentir a necessidade de refugiar a minha alma no meu mundo imaginário. É não ser capaz de esquecer, embora admire aqueles capazes de perdoar. É fingir que nada me atinge e sentir com cada fibra do meu ser. É admirar vulnerabilidade mas fechar-me no meu casulo.

Ser eu é pensar e analisar cada momento da minha vida e não ser capaz de justificar os meus problemas. É constantemente mentir a mim mesma prometendo que melhores dias virão. É lutar dia após dia para não ser consumida pelo que vai cá dentro. É por uma máscara e afastar os medos com sorrisos. É escrever as palavras que não consigo dizer e sonhar a vida que não posso ter.

No comments :