Monday, May 23, 2016

Inspired by Marine Le Gourlay [2015]

Nota: Versão Portuguesa mais abaixo

"If someone put you on my way, it's for a reason"
Marine Le Gourlay [2015]

This is part of a series of posts inspired by real life people around me that at some point touched me with their words. For more information on this project click here


I’m a sceptic. I’m not one to believe in fate, higher powers or meant to be.
I don’t assert that I know everything that is out there, it is just very hard for me to believe in a greater good with everything I see in the world. Maybe there is a God, and maybe there is a twisted logic for everything that happens, but I find it very hard to believe it and still justify the massacres, the pain, and the deaths we see every day.
I’m not against faith or religion, au contraire, I actually envy people that believe, that manage to find strength in something so abstract. It must feel good to have some certainties, something that helps them carry on through the tough times. I guess I’m just a very rational person, I need tangible proof, I need to see it to believe it. 
The other thing I have trouble with is, if there’s a higher power, if our destiny is already aligned, then what is the impact of the choices we make? Or there isn’t one?
I do agree that there are things in life we can’t control, but I need to believe that what I do day in and day out matters, I need to believe that I can influence the direction of my destiny, that the choices I make shape my future, or it makes it very difficult to try harder, be better.
It’s hard for me to believe, in general. But if I have to believe in anything, then I choose to believe in people. Beings that I can reach, who can touch me. For me, with each choice you create your life, so if I have to believe in anything, then I want to believe that people are good because they choose to make good and not because some higher power makes them do it.
I may not believe that some God sent someone my way, or put me in a challenging situation to test me or make me stronger, but I do believe we can use whatever comes our way to become better people. Maybe it’s because I need to look at everything as a lesson, but I do believe that there’s a reason why people come into our lives, I just believe that the impact that person has in our life has more to do with the choices we both make than some pre-existing plan.
Everyone you cross paths with can bring something you can learn, you just need to be open, attentive and follow your instincts. We are draw to certain people, for whatever reasons, and those are usually the ones who help us most to grow, if we let them, and we help them in return.
We are so self-centered that we usually only focus on what people can bring us, without even contemplating what we have to offer too. But to help someone get a step closer to what they want to be, to help them come out of their shells, to help bring out a new and hopeful life – that is privilege – and not only is that an amazing feeling, that is one of the best lessons one can learn. We are not in this world alone and what we do for others remains forever.


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Se alguém te pôs no meu caminho, é por alguma razão"
Marine Le Gourlay [2015]

Este texto faz parte de uma série de publicações inspiradas por pessoas reais à minha volta, que em algum momento me tocaram com as suas palavras. Mais informações sobre este projecto aqui


Sou céptica. Não sou de acreditar em destinos ou poderes divinos.
Não afirmo conhecer tudo o que está presente no Universo, mas é difícil para mim acreditar em poderes divinos com tudo o que vejo neste mundo. Se calhar existe um Deus, e se calhar há uma lógica para tudo o que acontece, mas é muito difícil para mim acreditar nisso e ao mesmo tempo justificar toda a dor, injustiças e morte que vejo todos os dias.
Não sou contra a fé ou religião, antes pelo contrário, de certa forma tenho inveja de quem acredita, também eu gostava de conseguir encontrar forças em algo tão abstracto. Deve ser bom ter algumas certezas, alguma coisa que os ajuda a seguir em frente nos dias difíceis. Acho que simplesmente sou demasiado racional, preciso de provas tangíveis, preciso de ver para acreditar.
Outra coisa que me faz confusão é, se existe um poder superior, se o nosso destino já está traçado, então qual é o impacto das escolhas que fazemos? Ou não é nenhum?
Concordo que há coisas na vida sob as quais não temos controlo, mas preciso de acreditar que o que faço dia após dia importa, preciso de acreditar que o que faço e as decisões que tomo influenciam a orientação do meu futuro, de outra forma torna-se muito difícil continuar a lutar para ser mais e melhor. 
É difícil para mim acreditar, de forma geral, seja no que for. Mas se tenho de acreditar em alguma coisa, então escolho acreditar nas pessoas. Seres que posso alcançar, que me podem tocar. Para mim, com cada escolha crias a tua própria vida, por isso se tenho de acreditar em alguma coisa, quero acreditar que as pessoas são boas porque escolhem fazer o bem, e não porque um poder divino as obrigou a fazê-lo.
Posso não acreditar que um Deus pôs alguém no meu caminho, ou me colocou numa situação difícil para me testar ou fazer mais forte, mas acredito que podemos usar tudo o que vivemos para nos tornarmos pessoas melhores. Se calhar é porque preciso ver tudo como se fosse uma lição, mas sim, acredito que as pessoas são postas no nosso caminho por uma razão, simplesmente acho que o impacto que têm na nossa vida tem mais a ver com as escolhas que ambos fazemos do que com um plano pré-existente.
Todos aqueles que cruzam o nosso caminho trazem algo que podemos aprender, mas temos de estar disponíveis, atentos e seguir os nossos instintos. Somos atraídos para certas pessoas, por uma ou outra razão, e normalmente são essas que mais nos ajudam a crescer, se as deixarmos e as ajudarmos também.

Somos tão egocêntricos que a maioria das vezes nos focamos apenas no que as pessoas têm para nos dar, sem sequer contemplarmos o que temos para oferecer em troca. Mas ajudar alguém a ficar um passo mais perto do que quer ser, ajudar alguém a sair da sua concha, ajudar a dar a uma vida nova esperança – isso é privilégio – e não só é um sentimento fantástico é também uma das maiores lições que podemos aprender. Não estamos sozinhos neste mundo, e o que fazemos pelos outros vive para sempre. 

No comments :