Saturday, April 11, 2015

Serendipity

Nota: Versão Portuguesa mais abaixo.

Sometimes I remind myself that I almost didn’t go to that training, that I almost didn’t see that email, that I almost went to a different city, that the whim of a minute could have changed everything.
Taking a chance, when everyone thinks you’re being crazy. Feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders and hoping for you dear life to be right.
I look back and wonder how differently things would have turned out if I had taken that call, if I had gone to a different school, if I had listened to what everyone else was saying.
I remember the pain I felt in some of those moments, being so lost, so lonely, so scared of what the future was holding. Feeling like my plans were slipping through my fingers and there was nothing I could do to stop it.
Sometimes I have to remind myself that I almost didn’t go to that interview, that I almost didn’t miss that plane, that some of the best things in my life happened because the plan failed…
We think it through, we plan it out, we try to be prepared, but how much can we actually control?
Sometimes I remind myself that I almost didn’t meet some of the most important people in my life, that I almost let my fears win, that I was almost willing to give up.
Sometimes I just have to remind myself how so much of our lives are simply fortunate strokes of serendipity.

 _______________


Às vezes relembro-me que quase não fui àquela formação, que quase não vi aquele email, que quase fui para uma cidade diferente, que o capircho de um minuto podia ter mudado tudo.
Arriscar, quando todos pensam que estás louco. Sentir o peso do mundo nos teus ombros e rezar, pela tua vida, para estares certo.
Olho para trás e imagino como as coisas seriam diferentes se tivesse atendido aquela chamada, se tivesse ido para uma escola diferente, se tivesse dado ouvidos ao que toda a gente estava a dizer.
Lembro-me da dor que senti nalguns desses momentos, tão perdida, tão só, com tanto medo do que o futuro iria trazer. Sentir os planos a escorregar por entre os meus dedos sem conseguir fazer nada para o impedir.
Às vezes tenho de me relembrar que quase não fui àquela entrevista, que quase não perdi aquele avião, que algumas das melhores coisas da minha vida, aconteceram porque o plano falhou…
Pensamos muito, planeamos, tentamos estar preparados, mas até que ponto temos algum controlo?
Às vezes relembro-me que quase não conheci algumas das pessoas mais importantes da minha vida, que quase deixei os meus medos vencerem, que quase estive disposta a desistir.
Às vezes simplesmente tenho de me relembrar como tanto das nossas vidas resulta simplesmente de acasos afortunados. 

No comments :