Sunday, November 04, 2012

It's always nice/É sempre agradável


Nota: Versão portuguesa mais abaixo :)

It’s a nice feeling knowing that you still have it in you, that no matter what, there’s always that one thing that you’re good at, that comes on so naturally, so effortless. I don’t doubt myself much in that area anymore, I know every child is different and that no-one in the world can connect to every one of them, but I also know that I usually get along with them fairly easy. Still whenever you are confronted with a new group of children there’s always that moment where you think to yourself Can I still do it? Do I still have it in me? and it’s great when you find out you do. It’s nice to know that there’s a place where just by being yourself you can conquer them, that you don’t have to put on a big show or plan a whole fair, just respond to what they need. It’s nice when just a couple hours after they’ve met you, you hear them begging not to go home or when it’s time to go to bed and your presence is comfort enough to push away the fears, or when you extend your arms to them and very easily they wrap their little arms around your neck and crawl on your lap.
People always ask me if I don’t miss working with children, if I’ll ever do it again, and I have no doubt I will, because they’re still the ones that, more than anyone, can make feel good about what I do, but I’m not rushing anything. I’ve done a lot of worrying, a lot of chasing, now I came to a place where I know what I like and what I’m good at, and I know that working with children, help them grow will always be something that will make me feel good, and eventually  I’ll get there again, no need to worry. That part I know I have it in me without a doubt, but in the meantime I can continue to challenge myself, continue to grow, doing things I never expect to do or even like.


É sempre agradável 

É sempre agradável saber que ainda temos essa capacidade, que não importa o tempo que passe há sempre uma coisa em que somos bons, que vem naturalmente, sem esforço.  Já não me ponho em causa nesta área como antes porque sei que apesar de cada criança ser diferente e de ninguém no mundo conseguir conectar-se com todas elas tenho normalmente facilidade em fazê-lo. Ainda assim, sempre que nos confrontamos com um novo grupo de crianças é difícil não haver um momento em que pensamos Será que ainda sei fazer isto? e é óptimo percebemos que sim. É bom saber que há um lugar onde sermos nós próprios é suficiente para os conquistar, que não é preciso grandes ideias ou festivais, apenas responder às suas necessidades. Sabe bem quando apenas algumas horas depois que te conhecerem, ouve-los a implorar para não ir para casa ou quando chega a hora de dormir e a tua presença é conforto suficiente para afastar os medos, quando estendes os teus braços para as ajudares a levantar e elas os enrolam os seus à volta do teu pescoço saltando para o teu colo.
As pessoas perguntam-me com frequência se não sinto falta de trabalhar com crianças, se tenciono voltar ao activo nessa área, e eu não tenho dúvidas que sim, porque elas continuam a ser, mais do que ninguém, quem me faz sentir realizada com o meu trabalho, mas não sinto a necessidade de apressar o meu percurso. Preocupei-me em demasia no passado, perseguindo sonhos e objectivos, agora cheguei a um lugar onde o que me dá prazer e sou capaz de fazer é mais claro e sei que trabalhar com crianças, ajudá-las a crescer será sempre algo que me vai fazer sentir bem. Eventualmente vou chegar lá de novo, isso não é algo que me preocupe de momento. Essa parte eu sei que tenho em mim, sem dúvida, e quando a oportunidade certa surgir dedicar-me-ei a ela, entretanto, posso continuar a desafiar-me e a crescer fazendo coisas que nunca pensei fazer e muito menos gostar.

No comments :