Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Images of you


The clear image of your smile pops up in my head and immediately I have to push it away. Not that I want to forget you, but my heart aches too much when I allow myself to think about all the great moments we could be having…
Meeting you was one of the best experiences of my life, and thought I don’t regret leaving, that doesn’t mean it was easy.
It changed me forever. You’ve changed me. It’s all still very recent but I can tell.
I know I will never be able to forget the lovely kisses and hugs, the cuddles, the laughs, not even the meltdowns! I couldn’t if I try, and I don’t! Still, much powerful than we like to admit, our minds recognize our weaknesses and in order to protect our soul finds its tricks to ease the pain. Mine has to block your pretty face from my brain sometimes, so I don’t dwell on what we share and manage to carry on with each day a little bit lighter. Nevertheless, there are always those days, when out of the blue I have a flashback, and even if for a second, that image pops up and I can’t help but remember how much you mean to me.


Note: I miss you so very much, my little Munchkins. 

No comments :