Thursday, January 05, 2012


"Where is he?" – he asked watching her arriving alone.
"He is not coming back" – she replied.
"Are you okay?" – he inquired worried.
"I’m fine" – she said appreciating his concerns but not wanting to go deeper into it.
"It doesn’t bother you that he’s staying?" – he insisted.
"No" – she sighed - "I desperately needed a breather. It just wasn’t working anymore. It was becoming unbearable."
"You don’t really mean that."
"The sad thing is that I do…" - she confessed looking down.
"So, you won’t miss him?..."
The last thing she wanted to do was talking about it, but he wasn’t about to let it go, so she explained - "I will, I already do. But I was missing him already when he was still here [silence] He’s just not the same anymore. Sometimes you just have to face it and let it go. This may be a good thing. Maybe he’ll find himself, turn his life around" – she added not even convincing herself.
"Do you believe that?" – he asked realizing that.
"It doesn’t matter what I believe…"
"So… you don’t?" – he insisted.
"Everyday I hope to be wrong" – she admitted.
"And if you’re not…?"
"This could end so bad… or worst, it may never end at all" – she said, finally confessing her biggest fear.
"Isn’t there anything we can do?"
[silence] "I ran out of ideas" – she finally said, though failure was hard to admit.
"So what? We just sit here and wait?" – he asked desperately wanting to help her.
"I guess."
"I hate that."
"At this point I don’t think we have a choice."
"But, why? I don’t get it!"
"Trust me babe, I really wish I had the answer to that one."



No comments :