Monday, January 09, 2012

A (big) small change

When I first started publishing I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to do it. I wasn’t comfortable with the idea of sharing my thoughts. It was too literal, too personal. At that time only a couple people knew about the blog and wouldn’t even sign with my real name. I don’t think I even wanted people to read my stuff. Or at least not people I knew. I even abandoned the blog  for a few years, because I figured that was no point in carry it on if it didn’t feel right.
Then one day, for no reason I just felt the urge to bring this back to life. I still wasn’t quite sure if it was just a momentary thing but I went along and did it anyway. I started to write again, to publish and not only that but to actually share the blog with people I knew.
The feedback has been pretty positive… I keep getting comments from people I would never imagine would enjoy or even read what I write. “Inspiring words”, a friend told me the other day. Someone that I had absolutely no idea that used to visit this blog but that apparently was a frequent visitor (btw shout out to C.P).
I’ve learn that it’s not such a big deal. I still have all the control. If it’s too personal then I won’t publish it. I’ll share only the thoughts I feel comfortable sharing. I also learned that you can’t take yourself too serious. Well… I’m still working on that one, but I’m trying… I over-analyze every single aspect in my life so in here I don’t want it to be perfect. I don’t need it to be perfect. So I try my best to publish my writing as raw as possible. I want it to be genuine, as close as possible to what I think.
The reason I’m telling you all that is because today I was thinking and I realize that it doesn’t make sense I sign my posts as “Kathleen” anymore. The ones who know me already know I’m the author anyways, and for the ones who don’t it doesn’t really matter. So just so you know, for now on I’ll be posting with my real name.

2 comments :

anneetromp said...

"Filipa Fereira"..........now dont I know that name from somewhere???? Oh well, as some famous writer once said "A rose by any other name (is still a rose)!!!" lov ya xxx

anneetromp said...

Oh shoot, I spelled your name wrong, how classic is that.........Ms. Ferreira???