Monday, December 05, 2011

Worst thing about travelling


Best thing about travelling? You have the opportunity to see places, find different cultures, meet new people.
Worst thing about travelling? You will meet people… People you will later miss when the time comes and you have to go back home!
Despite not being exactly a people person I’ve had the luck of meeting and grow closer to some amazing people while travelling. Accidental meetings in an airport after missing a flight, a training course after a terrible 10 hours trip on a train, the months in anticipation to finally find a perfect match for an interchange, the friends that become your family away from home.
You meet the most marvelous people in the most random situations. Who would have ever thought?
It just makes you wish the world was a bit smaller sometimes….
It’s been a year since I came back and though I’m loving being around everybody I missed while I was abroad I’ve to confess I also miss strolling around NYC with the lovelies Steph and Vickie, spending the days goofing around with my babies Ellie and Steve, going home to NJ and get that warm, cozy family feeling.
I’ve been so blessed to have the opportunity not only yo meet these people but to stay in touch with them… and those are the things you’ll remember no matter what. So even if it sucks to be away… Please travel, don’t waste your chance to meet incredible people too. It’s worth it!

2 comments :

anneetromp said...

Brought me to tears !!!! lov you xxx

Fi Ferreira said...

Sorry auntie :) love you back*