Thursday, November 30, 2017

Para Sempre - Parte II

Nota: Versão portuguesa mais abaixo.

When a person dies we usually hear people complain about how sudden and unexpected it all happened, but truth is anticipation doesn’t make it any better. There’s an undeniable blow that strikes you in the gut when you lose someone without a warning, but sensing  death creeping over, having its weight linger on every moment, feeling the pressure of not knowing if the last time you lay eyes on someone will be the last, it’s an extremely heavy burden to carry too.

They say death always comes in threes, I don’t know why, but truth is that’s what happened last time… as if one wasn’t bad enough. That day changed everything… and since then, that fear is here, in the back on my mind, all the time. It weighs on my decisions, even if no-one sees it, because I still remember 10 years ago how I wasted what I didn’t know would be our last time together.

And now we’re here, and the situation couldn’t be more different, because you have known for a while, you have fought, you have survived, you had your share of miracles… and yet it’s impossible not to go back there… I don’t know what it is… if it’s the obvious fact of both of you being such huge part of the group you belonged too, if it’s the fact that you both have these big, supportive families, if it’s because I remember the times she took me on holidays and you’d come visit…

A few months ago, with my family, I stood next to yours, as we watched what those close to you feared was your last concert. You were having a good day, you seemed to be enjoying yourself, it was a good concert and I was so glad I had travelled all those miles to have one more chance to see you all together one last time, to appreciate what I know will never feel the same again (it was never the same after she was gone either). I stood there, our families together, all rooting for you,  happy you could do what you loved at least one more time, and as much as I tried to stay in the moment I kept going back to that concert 10 years ago… the first I watched after she was gone… and now, all I could think is… I don’t believe in afterlife, but if it does exist, it comforts me to know that at least now she won’t be alone, that she’ll have her good friend by her side. 


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Quando alguém morre, todos se queixam de como estas coisas acontecem sempre de forma súbita e imprevisível, mas a verdade é que a antecipação não torna nada menos doloroso.

É um choque imenso perder alguém de forma inesperada, mas sentir o peso da morte a cada momento, sentir a pressão de não saber se a última vez que vemos alguém será a última, não é um fardo menos pesado.

Dizem que a morte vem em marés de três, não sei porquê, mas a verdade é que foi isso que aconteceu da última vez... como se uma não fosse suficiente. Naquele dia tudo mudou... e desde então esse medo vive cá dentro, sempre nos meus pensamentos, a toda a hora. Influencia as minhas decisões, mesmo que ninguém se aperceba, porque ainda me lembro de como há 10 anos atrás desperdicei o que não sabia ser a última vez que a via...

E agora aqui estamos novamente. As situações não podiam ser mais diferentes, porque tu já sabias há algum tempo, tu lutaste, tu sobreviveste, tu tiveste os teus milagres... e ainda assim, é impossível não ser transportada para o que aconteceu há 10 anos... não sei o que é... se o facto óbvio de ambos serem partes ENORMES da banda a que pertenciam, se é o facto de ambos terem grandes famílias que vos acompanhavam, se é por me lembrar de todas as vezes que ela me levou de férias e tu nos visitavas...


Há alguns meses atrás, com a minha família, fiquei junto da tua enquanto te víamos actuar naquele que os mais próximos de ti temiam ser o teu último concerto. Estavas a ter um bom dia, parecias estar a divertir-te, foi um bom concerto e estava tão contente por ter feito todos aqueles kilometros para ter a oportunidade de te poder ver pelo menos mais uma vez., para apreciar o que sei que nunca mais será igual (nunca mais foi igual depois dela também...). Ali fiquei, as nossas famílias juntas, todos a torcer por ti, contentes por estares a fazer o que gostavas pelo menos mais uma vez, e por mais que tentasse aproveitar o momento, só conseguia pensar naquele concerto há 10 anos atrás... o primeiro que vi depois da sua morte... e agora, tudo o que consigo pensar é... não acredito na vida depois da morte, mas se isso existir, conforta-me saber que pelo menos agora ela não estará sozinha, que terá o seu grande amigo ao seu lado.

No comments :