Sunday, May 01, 2016

Pride/Orgulho


Nota: Versão portuguesa mais abaixo

One more year of challenges, one more year of successes.
One more time I’m miles away and yet, once again I’m following you closely.
I’m so proud of you. And you know I don’t say it lightly. You know how hard it is for me to say these things out loud, but I am so very proud of you.
I see the news, I read the stats, I watch you play and I just can’t stop but be so happy to have been part of this journey with you. You’ve grown so much since we first met. I don’t even think you realize that... I know you don’t remember a lot of things you used to do… but I do!
I remember the girl that just played for fun, having no idea of the talent she possessed, the girl that showed up only once in a while, that ignored the coach’s orders simply because she trusted herself, but I also remember when it all started to change, when you realized how far you could go. I remember the struggles that no-one else saw, I remember the tears, the pain, the tough choices and the hard work. That’s why I’ll keep following you wherever you chose to go next. We joke about me being your number one fan, but there’s no joke there, I’ll cheer you all the way, because you’re awesome and you make me fall in love with this sport even more, when I don’t think that’s even possible.
I’m incredibly proud of your achievements as a player, but mostly I’m proud of the person you’ve become. It’s not always easy to handle success, and I think you’ve done it brilliantly.
Through the ups and downs I’ve always been really proud of you and even more proud of being your friend, someone you know you can rely on.
I know you see me as the voice of reason, but truth is that along the way you’ve taught me as much as I taught you. You’ve taught me that to be great one doesn’t need to be perfect, that a person can be confident without being arrogant, that it’s possible to get wiser and more sensible without losing passion and spontaneity.
We have such different personalities… Actually, now that I think about it, we are so opposite of each other that, in a way, this friendship doesn’t even make sense on paper… But somehow it works.
You’ve always put me in a pedestal. So much that some would say that for you, it’s God in Heaven and me on Earth. It used to scared the hell out of me, because all I could think of, is that it was impossible for anyone to live up to those standards. That sooner or later I would let you down. But maybe that’s exactly why this works, because the admiration and the respect is mutual. Because we understand the other is not perfect, but somehow we find in each other the traits we don’t have but admire. So I must say, if I have to live up to incredibly high standards, trust me… so do you!
There was a time I feared distance would drive us apart, but now I’m proud to know that we’ve reached a point where if I’d ever get in big trouble or become a victim of a conspiracy that would turn the whole world against me, no matter the evidence, all I’d have to do is call… and you’d come with a getaway car, no questions asked. Because that’s just how much faith you have in me. And I want you to know that I’m not certain about a lot of things in this world, but if there’s one thing I’m certain about is that as much faith as you have in me, I have just as much in you.


Orgulho

Mais um ano de desafios, mais um ano de sucessos.
Mais uma vez estou a milhas de distância, e ainda assim mais uma vez estou a seguir-te de perto.
Tenho tanto orgulho em ti. Sabes que não digo isto facilmente, mas realmente tenho tanto orgulho em ti.
Vejo as notícias, leio as estatísticas, vejo-te jogar e não consigo deixar de ficar feliz por ter partilhado este percurso contigo. Cresceste tanto desde que nos conhecemos. Acho que nem tens noção disso… Sei que não te lembras de muitas das coisas que costumavas fazer… mas eu lembro!
Lembro-me da miúda que jogava apenas por diversão, sem a mínima noção do talento que possuía, da miúda que só aparecia de vez em quando, que ignorava as ordens do treinador porque confiava em si mesma, mas também me lembro de quando tudo começou a mudar, do momento em que te apercebeste que podias ir mais longe. Lembro-me das dificuldades, das lágrimas que mais ninguém viu, das dores, das escolhas difíceis e do trabalho árduo. Por isso é que te continuarei a acompanhar onde quer que vás a seguir. Brincamos com o facto de eu ser a tua claque, mas a verdade é que te apoiarei até ao fim, porque és extraordinária e fazes-me adorar este desporto ainda mais, mesmo quando penso que isso já não é possível.
Tenho um orgulho desmedido nas conquistas que tens feito como jogadora, mas acima de tudo tenho orgulho na pessoa que te tornaste. Nem sempre é fácil gerir o sucesso, e acho que tu o tens feito de forma brilhante.
Nos momentos melhores e piores sempre tive muito orgulho em ti, e ainda mais em ser a tua amiga, a pessoa com quem podes sempre contar.
Sei que me vês como a voz da razão, mas a verdade é que me tens ensinado tanto ou mais do que eu a ti. Ensinaste-me que para se ser excepcional não é preciso ser perfeito, que uma pessoa pode ser confiante sem arrogância, que uma pessoa se pode tornar mais sensata e prudente sem perder a paixão e impulsividade que a caracterizam.
Temos personalidades tão diferentes… na verdade, agora que penso nisso, somos completamente o oposto uma da outra. De tal modo que na teoria esta amizade nem faz sentido… mas por alguma razão funciona.
Sempre me puseste num pedestal. Tanto que alguns dizem que para ti é Deus no Céu e eu na Terra. Isso costumava aterrorizar-me, porque só conseguia pensar que era impossível para alguém corresponder a esses ideais. Que mais cedo ou mais tarde te iria desiludir. Mas se calhar é exactamente por isso que isto funciona, porque a admiração e o respeito são mútuos. Porque temos noção que a outra não é perfeita, mas encontramos uma na outra características que não possuímos, mas admiramos. Por isso tenho de te confessar, se eu tenho de corresponder a ideais ridículos de perfeição, acredita… tu também!

Houve uma altura em que temi que a distância nos separasse, mas agora tenho orgulho em saber que estamos bem para além disso, e que se alguma vez estiver realmente em apuros, ou for vítima de uma conspiração que vire o mundo inteiro contra mim, não importa as provas que existam, basta telefonar… e tu estarás pronta para me resgatar, sem hesitações nem perguntas. Porque esse é ao ponto que chega fé que tens em mim. E quero que saibas que, não tenho certeza de muitas coisas neste mundo, mas tenho certeza disto, toda a fé que tens em mim, eu tenho igual por ti. 

No comments :