Monday, September 02, 2013

Farewell/Adeus

Nota: Versão portuguesa mais abaixo

Today another cycle closes, another experience comes to an end.
It's impressive how we are surprised during life, how something that began as nothing can become so much, and how the wish to be more is not enough to keep us from missing what we are leaving behind.
It's true... every single experience brings us something new, and this was not an exception.
The choice was mine, but this shows how much I grew during this period. I learned to risk, to believe even if just a little that maybe I can go further. Your voices echo in my head, reminding me of the faith you have in me. I leave better than when I came in, stronger, richer and with a full heart to share with others what I've learned from you.
There are no words to describe these past two and a half years I can only say that 

“I'm thankful for my years spent with this family, for everything we shared, every chance we had to grow. I'll take the best of them with me and lead by their example wherever I go.”*


Versão portuguesa:

Hoje mais um ciclo se encerra, mais uma experência chega ao fim.
É impressionante como somos surpreendidos durante a vida, como algo que começa em nada se pode tornar tanto, e como o desejo de ser mais não impede que se sinta falta do que fica para trás.
De facto todas as experiências nos trazem algo de novo e esta não foi excepção.
A decisão foi minha, mas isso mostra o quanto cresci durante este tempo. Aprendi a arriscar, a acreditar nem que seja apenas um pouco que talvez possa chegar mais longe. As vossas vozes ecoam na minha cabeça, relembrando-me da fé que têm em mim. Saio melhor do que entrei, mais forte, mais rica e de coração cheio para partilhar com outros aquilo que aprendi com vocês.
Não há palavras para resumir o que foram estes dois anos e meio, apenas posso dizer que

“Estou grata pelos anos que passei com esta familia, por tudo o que partilhámos, cada oportunidade que tivemos de crescer. Levo o melhor de vocês comigo e vou seguir dando o exemplo onde quer que vá.*

* by A.J. Cook as J.J. in Criminal Minds S06E02

No comments :