Sunday, February 17, 2013

Friends around the world



I’ve always wanted to know the world, always felt trapped when I’m stuck in the same place for too long. I’ve always imagined that it had to be more how there and I always craved to know it all. This is a big world in where we live, but we’re lucky to be a part of a generation who has all the gadgets to make the distance smaller. It’s surreal if you think how same age people live their lives so differently in different parts of the world and I always thought it was interesting to mash it all together and share different experiences.
Working with kids has always been my passion and since they’re the future of the Universe, it only makes sense to me that we start with them, showing them that differences shouldn’t be seen as something bad, but celebrated.
I know we don’t have to go global to change the worl, you can start right at your own backyard, but nowadays when everyone is going abroad and we have friends literally in every corner of the world it seems a waste not to take advantage of that. And I still haven’t figured out how, but I wish I could use my experiences, my travelling and the lovely people I’ve met along the way to do something bigger. We’re all so different, but in their own special way, these are all extraordinary, passionate people, with great hearts and I can’t help but thing that if someone would come up with the right idea and we could work in tandem, we could make a bigger difference.

… So, any ideas? :D

1 comment :

Annee Tromp said...

Hi darlin, Maybe because Michael is an only child, I always wished for him to have company to share the joys and memories of his summer vacations. It seemed to me that there would be many kids who would have been thrilled to have a "summer camp" experience with our family. from time to time we did have family members and close friends kids during those happy times and how to build on this idea, well thats where you come in!!!! xxx