Monday, November 26, 2012

Time/Tempo


Nota: Versão portuguesa mais abaixo

Sometimes I really hate time. I understand we need it, I know world would be even more hectic without it, but sometimes I just really wish we didn’t have to guide our lives by it. Sometimes I don’t want to worry about time, I don’t want to hear the annoying tick-tack of the clock on the wall, want to ignore the number changing on the digital clock, sometimes I just don’t want to care about it. There are moments I need time to give some structure to my day, my life, but then other times I wish I could just stay here, writing, day and night, not having to think about eating, or sleeping or being ready for work. Sometimes I wish we could just follow what our mind wants us to do, and if that’s writing 12 hours a day on a week day then be it.

Tempo

Às vezes simplesmente odeio o tempo. Percebo porque precisamos dele, sei que o mundo seria ainda mais confuso sem ele, mas às vezes apetecia-me tanto poder viver a minha vida sem ter de me guiar pela noção de tempo. Há dias em que não me apetece preocupar com tempo, que não tolero o tick-tack do relógio na parede, que prefiro ignorar os números a mudarem no relógio digital. Às vezes não tenho vontade de lidar com ele. Há momentos em que preciso de estrutura no meu dia, na minha vida, mas outras vezes desejava simplesmente poder ficar aqui a escrever, dia e noite, sem ter de pensar ou comer ou estar pronta a horas de ir trabalhar. Às vezes gostava que pudéssemos seguir apenas o que a nossa mente quer fazer, e se isso for escrever 12 horas por dia durante um dia de semana, que seja.

No comments :