Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Quick update/Novidades

Nota: Versão em português mais abaixo



This is one of those quick updates posts. I know I’ve been slacking lately, not posting as much as I would like, but I have good excuses, I promise!

First, like I told you a couple post ago, I decided to give it a try to Fan Fiction. I’ve been updating my story with a new chapter mostly daily so it’s hard sometimes to find the time (and inspiration) to write a blog post after that. The experience has been quite amazing, it’s not something I’m sure I’ll be doing regularly because it’s limiting in a way that you should stay true to the show’s characters but it’s a great way to practice and get some reviews.
Unlike other Internet universes I really enjoyed the vibe on this website. People were very supportive and provided constructive feedback, so I really had a good time doing it.
Yesterday I posted the last chapter of my story and these were the results my story got so far:

Views: 53,061 (unbelievable)
Followers: 103
Reviews: 57
Favorites: 34

So, this particular story is based on the Tv Show Castle, which for those who don’t know tells the story about a detective and a writer who starts to shadow her in order to get inspiration for his books. If any of you would like to check it, please click here. By the way I recommend the show too, but about that if you wish to know more, please ask.

Another reason why I hadn’t been posted that much is because I also took a few days to travel and went to visit Madrid, to be perfectly honest it was much better than I was expected. We had some adventures but it was really nice.

My third “excuse” is, I think just as good as the previous ones and lays on the fact that I’ve been enjoying some good times with my friends. It’s easy for me to get lost in my mind sometimes, so it’s great when I have the time and the mood to spend time with the people I care about and share some laughs. These past weeks I really have enjoyed myself with them, therefore having a little less time to write.
So, I wanted to kind of justify myself, because I want you to keep coming back and one of the goals for this month is trying to post more regularly again. I just have to find a balance between my chores, my life and writing, because hey, what are you going to write about if you don’t live your life?,

Oh by the way, here’s the link to my Tumblr, just in case you like that world too - Hey are we there yet?




Portuguese Version


Este post vai ser um update rápido. Sei que me tenho desleixado um pouco, não tenho postado tanto como queria, mas tenho boas desculpas, prometo!
Primeiro, como partilhei com vocês há alguns posts atrás, decidi experimentar o mundo da Fan Fiction. Tenho estado a trabalhar numa história e tenho publicado um capitulo novo praticamente todos os dias, sendo por isso dificil às vezes ter tempo (e inspiração) para escrever um post aqui no blog depois disso. A experiência tem sido fantástica, ainda não sei se é algo que vá fazer regularmente porque é um pouco limitativo no sentido em que tens de te manter fiel às personagens da série, mas é uma excelente maneira de praticar e ter algumas críticas.
Ao contrário de outros universos no mundo da Internet, gostei imenso da energia e do positivismo deste site. O apoio que recebi foi excepcional e as críticas sempre construtivas, por isso gostei imenso da experiência.
Postei ontem o último capitulo e estes foram os resultados que a minha história teve até agora:

Visualizações: 53,061 (Inacreditável)
Seguidores: 103
Críticas: 57
Favoritos: 34

Esta história, em particular, é baseada na série norte-americana Castle que, para aqueles que não conhecem, conta a história de uma detective e de um escritor que começa a segui-la como inspiração para os seus livros. Se alguém estiver interessado em dar uma olhadela na história, carreguem aqui. Já agora, também recomendo a série, se quiserem saber mais sobre isso digam.

Outra razão pela qual não tenho escrito tanto aqui é porque tirei uns dias para viajar e visitar Madrid. Para ser sincera não tinha grandes expectativas, mas foi bem melhor do que estava à espera, tivemos algumas aventuras mas foi muito giro.
A Terceira “desculpa” é igualmente boa, e prende-se com o facto de ter aproveitado para passar uns bons momentos com os meus amigos. É fácil para mim perder-me na minha cabeça, por isso é óptimo quando tenho tempo e humor para me divertir com as pessoas que de quem gosto. Estas ultimas semanas passei bons momentos e confesso que por isso tive menos tempo para escrever.
Queria apenas deixar-vos aqui esta pequenina justificação porque quero que continuem a visitar este blog. Um dos objectivos deste mês é tentar voltar a ser regular com os posts, tenho apenas de encontrar um equilíbrio entre as minhas tarefas, a minha vida e a escrita, porque também sobre o que vais escrever se não aproveitares a vida?

Aproveito também para deixar aqui o link para o meu Tumblr, se alguém for dessas andanças - Hey, are we there yet?

No comments :