Friday, February 10, 2012

Writing


Writing is therapeutic, it’s not a work nor even a hobby, is something I need to do. It’s something that can slow down from times to times but that I can never stop completely. It’s something that’s inside of me - day and night - something that follows me no matter where I go or what I do or how I want to ignore it.
It ain’t easy to explain and it shouldn’t be necessary either. The beauty of creative writing it’s not in everybody getting the same message but in the fact that there’s no right or wrong.  That there’s no universal understanding and it’s open to interpretation. People should be able to read between the lines, to take their own conclusions about what they’ve read. It’s not about deconstructing the message what’s important is that it means something. Seeing the same as their friends, or even the author doesn’t matter. You’ll see it accordingly to your experiences, to your mood, to what you’re going through at that moment. You’ll take out of it what you need in that exact moment. Maybe later you’ll come back to it and feel different about it, and that’s okay, that’s how it’s supposed to be.
Writing is a way to express yourself, your fears, your emotions, your frustrations. It’s a way to vent without fighting or yelling, without having to hurt anyone. It’s an amazing way to live your dreams, to live your parallel life, to imagine what’s unreachable. Writing is a way to let out what’s inside without having to filter it. What you write doesn’t necessarily has to make sense to everybody, not even to anybody.
We all had those days when nothing could sheer us up, and I found that most times, to me, all it takes is to read something that touches my heart. Either because it shows me that there is still hope or because it shows me that no matter how unbearable it may seem at times, someone else had been there too. And that helps. As selfish as it may be, sometimes all we need is to know that we are not “freaks”, that these questions, doubts and fears are not exclusively ours. So if you ask me why I write? I’ll tell you that I write to myself. To (try to) keep sane. If you ask me why I publish my stuff? I’ll confess that I wish that someday I’ll be able reach someone, somewhere, and that maybe by reading my stuff they won’t feel so bad. 

No comments :