Tuesday, February 28, 2012

To those who don't like people

For a long time I’ve been saying that I don’t like people. And it’s not because I’m trying to be unpleasant or mean. Though I understand it may come across as being a little harsh I’m just being honest. When I was younger I wondered if there was something wrong with me because for everyone else this thought seemed crazy, now I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing anymore, it doesn’t make you weird or wrong  it only means that you’re a little bit more selective. I don’t like people because of what they do… not to me in particular, can’t say I have a lot of bad experiences but I watch what goes on around me. People not thinking about what they say, how they act, pushing eachother down, hurting eachother without even blink.
It was just yesterday that we were talking about this. Not criticizing anyone, not complaining about it but simply stating a fact. It was refreshing for the first time to hear someone else say those words. Someone that it’s not crazy or an outcast, someone that is just a normal person like you and me. Curiously enough just a few hours later, out of the blue, I get a little treat… something to remind me that there are exceptions and that even if you’ve accepted that you don’t like people there will always be those special ones who put a smile on your face. Because you don’t have to like people in order to like someone.

Thanks R. for being such a sweet friend =)

No comments :