Sunday, November 20, 2011

It’s easier to start a new relationship than too heal one that’s already broken



There’s so much more at stake. It’s easier to start fresh again. No past, no history, no deceptions, no mistakes.
You’ll try to hurt me like I’ve hurt you. I’ll try to make up for something I can never take back . We’ll never be even, it would never be the same. We can pretend we’re fine and it may work for a while but somewhere, somehow, sometime it’ll come up to haunt us.
So what’s the point? Is there hope? Are you into this like I am? Can we commit to make this work?
It’s easier to start again but I’m not looking for an easy path. Because everything is wonderful when it’s easy, it’s when it gets tough that really matters. I don’t want to have to give up on this… on you. So what to do?
Let’s put the hate and the blame aside, let’s face it, we both messed up. There’s no turning back, this is the time we’ve got to make a choice. I know that you care so don’t turn your back. If you feel it you have to believe in it.
It’s easier to start a new relationship than to heal one that’s already broken but will it feel the same? Will it ever be as good if you don’t stick around to fight for it?
Maybe it won’t work but I don’t want to be wondering. I don’t want to waste time. Not yours, not mine. There’s so much more out there and if this is not it then we both deserve a chance to find something else to fulfill our hearts. So let’s be honest, let’s be real and bold and fearless. Let’s face it, let’s take it as it comes and deal with it… and who knows, maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised because more often than we think the best moments and the stronger relationships rise from adversity. 

2 comments :

KKaytano said...

Não queres antes escrever sobre férias, animais, basket ou a crise?
:)

Fi Ferreira said...

KKaytano Achas que fazia melhor? Posso tentar :P Sugestões são sempre bem vindas