Sunday, October 21, 2012

One thousand

Nota: Este não tem tradução porque isso implicaria traduzir a letra da música e... isso simplesmente não soa bem :) Façam um esforcinho para ler em inglês, vá lá!


She is driving home when out of the blue it hits her. It’s always like that with her, she ignores the pain, buries it deep, pretends that everything is fine, fakes her smile all the way, until it is impossible to hold it inside and something as simple as a song will trigger a massive breakdown. The day hasn’t been particularly hard, she has actually enjoyed most of it, so why the tears now? She looks at the car’s CD player, wanting to turn it off, but she’s hypnotized. Hypnotized by the words that seem to be written for her


Now I see what you are
I know what you could be
But I'll never forget what you've been

I must have cried a thousand times
I've heard thousands of your lies
Walked ten thousand miles for you
So for the thousandth time don't…
Don't play with me
Don't play with me
Don't play with me no more
Don't you play with me
Don't play with me
Don't play with me no more


She heard this album a thousand times before, but only today the words are sinking in. Only today they are making her cry and once again she wonders how it is possible someone else put in words what she’s feeling better than herself. She tries not to think about him about his lies, about his games but it continues…


If it's not what you want
And I'm not what you want
Then what do you want from me?
I'm screaming “You won!”
At the top of my lungs
So why not be done with me?
Let it burn, let it burn, let it burn
Cos boy I don't trust you
So it's bitter when I say so
I know I still love you


That’s it! Word by word, a perfect description of what goes inside her… how she’s done being fooled, how she’s giving up though it hurts her more than anyone can see, how no matter what he’ll say she won’t trust him, how she just wishes everything would end. She’s not just crying anymore, she’s sobbing as all the emotions she has been hiding from seem to immerse. The pain is too real, the fear of having to face this, her whole life, the guilt of not being stronger… stronger enough to make him change. The tears don’t stop falling down and she has to stop the car as she can barely see the road anymore. She looks at herself in the mirror and the desperation in her eyes only make her cry more.



Notes:

This one is part of bigger story, so let me know what you think and if you're think I'm headed the right way :)

Lyrics from "One Thousand" by Cheryl Cole.

1 comment :

CCC said...

Perfeito...