Monday, January 16, 2012

Does size matter?


How can something so little cause so much damage?
I mentioned in my last post I wasn’t doing too well… they finally figured out what was causing my pain and apparently was this tiny tiny little stone that was installed on my kidneys. I was relief to be feeling better but at the same time I was astonished that something so little could be responsible for all the pain I was feeling. And that got me thinking…
We like to think huge, to be big, we keep on believing that we have to be giant to make a difference. But we’re so wrong.
A tiny little rock on an engine, a micro virus inside a body, a drop of acid in the wrong place… there are so many ways things can go wrong not because something massive happened, but because the smallest detail didn’t went according to our plans.
Little things are underrated in pretty much everything we do.
We can’t change the world but we can change what’s around us. And maybe by doing that will end up inspiring someone else to do it too and that’s how we’ll make a difference. We don’t have to do it all on our own. We just have to find a starting point, something that we feel passionate about, and then find little things we can do to improve it. Don’t thing too big, don’t aim too far. You’ll desperate, you’ll feel frustrated. Start small, let it flow, and see where it takes you.  We can’t be afraid to fail. We are in a privilege situation, some people deserve that we at least give it a try. We have to believe the people around us. Believe that we’ll be surprised, that we’re not alone and that they’ll help us making a difference.

A new project it's on its way and will be coming very very soon. I hope I can count with everybody’s help, I’ll really need it for this one. I’ll keep you posted ;) keep coming back.