Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Friendship has no age

Hey peeps, sorry I've been MIA, too much to do in little time. Anyway, I'm back and I see that we've passed now the 2000 visits, so Thank You! =)

Friendship has no age, no logic, no reason. You assume someone is too immature because they’re young. You assume someone is boring just because they’re old. But you might be surprised.
Friendship is defined by tastes, values, principles, ideologies, likes and dislikes and a whole lot of other things but age is definitely not one of them. Because no matter how old (or young) a person is they’ll always bring something into your life, something you can learn.
We often underestimate the young, but there is so much they can teach us if we just give them a chance. You watch them struggle like you struggled, you see them falling, like you fell. You see them making the very same mistakes you’ve done too… the difference is, they’ll do them their way. If you let it, you’ll be inspired by the way they are able to cope with what you were not. You’ll try to be for them that refuge you always missed when you were their age and felt so lonely and misunderstood. You’ll be protective and proud and forgive them if they slip, like a true friend does.
Friendship is a funny thing. It is not a thing of reason, it’s about that “click”, that feeling, something that allures you to the other person. You’ll find yourself attached to the most unlikely people, and that’s what makes it so special… the fact that on-one can explain it.
Your role in a friendship may differ according to the age difference between you and the other person, but that happens with everything. Different people will need and will give you different things.
Friendship has no age limit and having friends from a wide age ranges gives your life an interesting twist. It allows you to see the world from different points of view. It allows you to go back to your childhood and teenage years’ dilemmas and analyze them in a more mature way. It gives you the opportunity to get a glimpse of what you troubles will look like in a few years.  You’ll have a bit of that childish genuinely that you miss so much, without losing the experience and wisdom you hope someday  you’ll reach.
Friendship is a good thing, a great thing, and to me it doesn’t matter how much younger or older I am than the other person as long as I find something that they can bring into my life and that there’s (hopefully) something special I can take into theirs.

P.S – I was writing this and  two people crossed my mind as good examples of what I’m talking about, my dears Raquel and Annie.


2 comments :

anneetromp said...

Once more, your words nailed my heart, oh you do make me feel so proud to know you!!! bjs xxx

Fi Ferreira said...

thanks Anne, I meant every word ;)