Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Spirit


As you probably can tell by now, I’m mostly a rational person. I have a hard time taking things as they came without questioning them or trying to deconstruct them. I find it hard to understand what has not logical or explanation. I always need a reason for things. That’s just how I am. Regarding Christmas however I have different opinion… I like this time of the year. I’m not a religious person or someone who particular cares about its history but I like how people’s moods change during this time of the year. It’s illogical it has absolutely no explanation and still I like it!
I enjoy walking around on the streets or going inside the stores and always having that Christmassy music playing. I like how everything seems a little bit cozier, how everyone seems warmer and relax. I love that you tend to remember the special people in your life and how we usually try to present them with something nice.
This shouldn’t happen only once a year. We should appreciate the ones we care throughout the year. We should be able to transport this feeling to our everyday life. But we don’t. Most of us will never be able to fully do it. It might sound cynical or shallow to do it only this time of the year, but I believe that most of the times it is felt. People just lose their way, they get suck into the everyday rush. They keep postponing that phone call, that gift, that special word that they wanted to give to someone. So I think that it’s important that we have, at least once a year, a season to remind us about what really matters.  That’s what Christmas is to me… it’s that time of the year that you take a moment to look back and to make people feel special. 
A. & C. - 2001
To me it doesn’t really matter what your religion is or what exactly you’re celebrating. To me it’s all about the spirit. For me Christmas is about family. Not just your blood relatives but those you love. It’s about tradition, it’s about memories. I’m not going to lie… to me Christmas is about the presents too. Those little Arts & Crafts the little ones made for you, that postcard that you unexpectedly receive on your mail box, that special treat that someone gives to you. Yes, it’s about that too, because the idea behind it all is to show that you care, those are attempts to make someone feel happier. And I stand by that principle. So even if it’s just once a year… who cares? It’s better than not have it at all. 

No comments :